Required documents in the enrolment procedure
|Full-time Bachelor studies (1st cycle) and long-cycle studies||Full-time Master studies (2nd cycle)|
|Application for admission to studies via IRK system|
|The NCU certified copy of the certificate of completing secondary education in the country of origin entitling the candidate to undertake university level education. The Certificate must be affixed with apostille or legalized and recognized as equivalent to the relevant Polish secondary school-leaving certificate (through nostrification or based on international contracts; the original must be shown for inspection).||The NCU certified copy of the diploma with a full list of grades obtained during the course of study, entitling to continue university studies in the country in which the diploma was issued. The Diploma must be affixed with apostille or legalized and recognised as equivalent to the relevant Polish diploma of completing first cycle studies (through nostrification or based on international contracts; the original must be shown for inspection).|
|Certificate of proficiency in Polish/English language (at B1 level if studies are conducted in Polish and at B2 level if studies are conducted in English).|
More details: www.umk.pl/en/admissions
Study programmes in English in the academic year 2019/2020
First-cycle studies – Bachelor’s degree
Second-cycle studies – Master’s degree
Global Change Biology
International Politics and Diplomacy
Physics and Astronomy
1. To be able to sign up for admission to a programme, you first need to have a candidate’s
account in the system. Go to IRK website and create the account.
Please, use an email address which you check regularly. After you create your account, you
will receive an email with an activation link. Click on the link to activate your account.
2. After activating your account, log into the system and fill out the forms with your personal
data and education history. Forms are available in the “Personal forms” tab in your
3. Sign up for a programme. Find the “Studies” link in the blue menu bar on the right – it will
take you to a page listing programmes offered by NCU. Choose a programme you would
like to apply to and click on the green “Sign up” button in the programme card.
4. Fill out additional information required in the sign up form and upload the required
documents – they are listed at the end of this instruction.
5. When you complete the sign up process, you can find your application in the “Applications”
tab in your account.
6. Pay the application fee. Applications will be assessed in the admission process only after
the due application fee has been paid. These fees have to be paid within the application
deadline. The amount due and the bank account details for transfers are available in the
“Payments” tab in your account.
7. Wait for any comments from the Department of Recruitment and Student Affairs. If the
documentation is complete and admission fee is paid, your application will be reviewed by
8. If necessary, the Faculty will ask you for an interview or take a practical exam.
Information about the detail of the interview/exam will be sent to the eligible candidates
at least two days prior to the exam date via the “Messages” tab in the individual
9. Check the results. Admission results will be published in the system on the day specified in
the admission schedule. Log into your account and check your result in the “Applications”
10. Enrol into the programme. If you find “qualified for admission” status in the “Applications”
tab, congratulations! This means that your application was successful and you are now
invited to enrol to NCU.